A piece of advice

As an artist, you may feel insecure sometimes. Or you may even wonder if you may call yourself an artist. Let's get that out of the way first. If you create things, and love doing that - yes you may. Absolutely. You're making art. You're an art maker = artist. There.
You may also be afraid of what others might think about you - as an artist, or as a person. Or as an artist person. Well, here's a piece of advice:
 

What others think about you, is none of your business.
Really. It isn't. You don't know what they think. You just think that they think something about you... Well, even if they do have an opinion about you (or your art) and they don't share it, it's inside their heads, and it has nothing to do with you. None of your business. At all. 
I train myself to think about the above, whenever I do or say something, that makes me think: 'huh, now he/she will probably think I'm ...fill in the blank...'. It is very liberating!

Labels: , , ,